Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strobe - Gone (Hein-Ivan Mix)
My try on this fine song. Thanks for listening and any comments. Cheers!

.mp3    Strobe - Gone.mp3 --  (Download: 8.46 MB)

Hi!

Not bad at all, a pretty clean mix! This is a difficult one I think.

I’m listening on headphones. I feel I am probably also still too close to my mix of this track, which I fear is influencing my comments a bit too much. Still, a few minor thoughts and ideas as I listen -

Maybe a delay or something on the intro vocal to differentiate it a bit from the verse?

Intro drum loop - I feel it needs to be panned about a bit or something maybe in your mix - I think it feels a little bit static and therefore a touch loud in the mix as it is perhaps?

1:35 - really liking the delays on the backing fx vocals, sounding really very nice there.

- You’ve got a really enjoyable blend of the backing vocals with the lead throughout the mix.

Synth at 2:35 and 2:50,2:57 could come up a bit to match the vocal level to poke out a bit maybe?

I’m on headphones but I feel the kick could maybe have just a touch more low end / impact, not sure?

I like the focus on the synth in the intro and the verse, etc. I pretty much buried it I think in favour of the guitars, turns out it’s a pretty nice part!

Nice work!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(30-12-2020, 10:12 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Not bad at all, a pretty clean mix!  This is a difficult one I think.

I’m listening on headphones.  I feel I am probably also still too close to my mix of this track, which I fear is influencing my comments a bit too much.  Still, a few minor thoughts and ideas as I listen - 

Maybe a delay or something on the intro vocal to differentiate it a bit from the verse?

Intro drum loop - I feel it needs to be panned about a bit or something maybe in your mix - I think it feels a little bit static and therefore a touch loud in the mix as it is perhaps?

1:35 - really liking the delays on the backing fx vocals, sounding really very nice there.

- You’ve got a really enjoyable blend of the backing vocals with the lead throughout the mix.

Synth at 2:35 and 2:50,2:57 could come up a bit to match the vocal level to poke out a bit maybe?

I’m on headphones but I feel the kick could maybe have just a touch more low end / impact, not sure?

I like the focus on the synth in the intro and the verse, etc.  I pretty much buried it I think in favour of the guitars, turns out it’s a pretty nice part!

Nice work!

Cheers!
Hi mikej! Many thanks for the comments. 

I do agree on the intro loop I did not find a good solution. I also agree on the synth at 2:35. 

I need to listen to the mix in my car to verify the low-end so I'l do a new mix later on. 

Cheers!
You have managed to get some nice clarity in this mix and a nice bottom end .
Good work
(31-12-2020, 05:41 PM)takka360 Wrote: You have managed to get some nice clarity in this mix and a nice bottom end .
Good work
Hi takka360! Many thanks for your comments.

Cheers!
Hi heinim very nice punchy mix well done.
Reaper user
(01-01-2021, 04:49 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi heinim very nice punchy mix well done.
Hi Cudjoe! Thank you for your comments. Cheers!