Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amy Helm - Rescue Me
Here is my try, any critics are welcome, peace!!!

.mp3    Amy Helm And The Handsome Strangers - Rescue Me.mp3 --  (Download: 9.82 MB)

I think your mix is awesome, one of the better ones in here. The kick is nice and pokes out just enough. The only things I can pick out are: The snare is nice but a bit bright smearing the top end making it less punchy. I also think the distorted guitar can be a bit more defined. Right now it's not quite cutting thru, imo. Over all, I think the whole mix is a bit bright; I like the shimmering lust top end but I think it's a bit much potentially making listeners fatigue when listen in repeat. Some don't care about it. I enjoy listening to your mix and learn a couple things while listening. Good job, man. Cheers!
(27-01-2021, 11:58 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: I think your mix is awesome, one of the better ones in here. The kick is nice and pokes out just enough. The only things I can pick out are: The snare is nice but a bit bright smearing the top end making it less punchy. I also think the distorted guitar can be a bit more defined. Right now it's not quite cutting thru, imo. Over all, I think the whole mix is a bit bright; I like the shimmering lust top end but I think it's a bit much potentially making listeners fatigue when listen in repeat. Some don't care about it. I enjoy listening to your mix and learn a couple things while listening. Good job, man. Cheers!

Thanks man for your feedback, I'll pay attention to the top end to avoid the excess of brightness, actually that was one of my concern the overall tone was too bright I agree with you and thanks again for the time and feedback!!
Nice mix. I didn't find to bright in my room. Only thing that stood out was that the mandolin feels too dry and poking forward ahead of everything else..maybe a plate to tame it down and push it back a tad?
(13-02-2021, 07:13 PM)chuck moe Wrote: Nice mix. I didn't find to bright in my room. Only thing that stood out was that the mandolin feels too dry and poking forward ahead of everything else..maybe a plate to tame it down and push it back a tad?
Thank you Chuck for the feedback, that idea about the mandolin sounds interesting, unfortunelly I deleted the project and I can not put in practice your Idea but I'll keep in mind for future projects, Thanx again for your comment!!