Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strobe - Gone (Mix)
That's my mix  Big Grin

.mp3    [MIX]-Strobe-Gone.mp3 --  (Download: 8.83 MB)

This is a new version of the mix. What do You think about it?  Smile

.mp3    [R1]-[MIX]-Strobe-Gone.mp3 --  (Download: 8.83 MB)

Great effort on your part to get the mix to this stage. I mix this song too, and yeah, I got a few black eyes in the beginning trying to control the bottom end. I find that LP on the bass helps me control the vocal better. The very first thing I notice is the mix is rich in bass synth, and to minor effect, all the synths, which, imo, keeps the vocal from floating on top of the mix. Same problem I am having. Also the guitar in the beginning. I think you can cut some of the bottom from it. I HP mine all the way to 90Hz. The lowest note on guitar is 82Hz (E) so... . but I find that I can HP much higher on acoustic guitar than electric distorted guitar. I like the kick and how it sits in the mix. I think the toms are a bit "cracky." and the transition of the drums (1:37-) is a bit loud to my taste. Work on the synths first is my suggestions but pay attention to other instruments while you're doing it. You'll hear them either poke out better or get buried (masked). It does take some effort in the beginning, but eventually you will be able to hear it without sweating bullets. I sometimes hear my vocal pokes out better just because I shorten the attack of the compressor on the guitar a few ms. So, yeah, it's safe to say that any move you do to any instruments will affect others, sometimes good sometimes bad. Cheers!