Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my take on Equilibrium
I've replaced both kick drum and snare, the supplied ones sound very inorganic to me. Tom number 3 has some issue, which is funny for a sample - also replaced.

Bass guitar is awfully unnatural, probably some midi velocity variance/randomization would do it good. Tempo quantisation stiffness is also a issue, it could be a bit "humanised" for both bass and drums.

I'm not one to fiddle with these kind of matters in a leisure situation (not getting paid) so they go as they come.

Anyways... All in all it sounds good. Agreed?

Edit: slightly updated version below. : )

.mp3    Equilibrium 23.12.20.a.mp3 --  (Download: 11.55 MB)

Balance is pretty good. I would have like to hear a mix between your snare sample and the other one. I feel this lacks that smack the other one had.
Glad you got rid of that annoying air in the guitars.
(24-12-2020, 07:47 AM)Shul Wrote: Balance is pretty good. I would have like to hear a mix between your snare sample and the other one. I feel this lacks that smack the other one had.
Glad you got rid of that annoying air in the guitars.

Thank you for your reply, Shul!

That clickety sound of the original snare annoyed me. There's no scape making the kick drum click, or else it just turns into a mess, right? But the snare drum... Not necessary and gets confusing in the busy parts, blending somewhat with the kick. Sounds definately better overall with the longer sustain of the new sample, but nonetheless I've tried to blend in a bit of the original for bringing that transient spike along. It's a subtle difference, since I was already liking it, but it sounds nice, thanks for the tip.

About the guitars, I ditched the supplied amp tracks and used Neural DSP's Archetype Nolly. Not sure if it's in the artists taste, but sure is mine. : )

.mp3    Equilibrium 24.12.20.a.mp3 --  (Download: 11.55 MB)