Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voelund: 'Comfort Lives In Belief'
Hi!

Here goes my attempt on this lovely song.
Hope you enjoy!!

EDIT: "Current" version: V2 (improved drums, lead vocal and bass)

.mp3    Voelund - Comfort Lives In Belief.mp3 --  (Download: 7.3 MB)

.mp3    Voelund - Comfort Lives In Belief_V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.3 MB)

All these fine mixes of my song. Cool slap echo you put on the leadguitar.
Perhaps the acoustic gtrs could have a bit more body, and the drums, especially the snare, slightly more beef, but apart from that I cant put my finger on anything I would change but my performance, and perhaps the ending - kinda miss the repeated "comfort lives .." and the laughter, but being in the habit of changin arrangements myself i cant really be the one to say you shouldnt do that Big Grin
Thank you for the listen and thumbs up.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
You should take care the drums to give them more body. There are three tracks of snare so you can "play" with them and a little of parallel compression will help.
Your mix is already in the good way. I like it.
The issue at the ending was unintentional. I made a mistake when i was trimming/editing the tracks, but i did enjoy the result, so i decided to keep it that way. I know the drums are sounding a little bit thin. I aways try to mix a song with basic stuff only, like EQ, comp., basic effects, as if i were working on an analog console... I tend not to duplicate tracks or to use plenty of "techniques" or plug-ins, although i know it would improve my mixes. But i will work on the drum sound again... :-)

Thank you for the comments!
I've been working on the drums, based on the comments, now i've got an improved mix! It's amazing how i became accustomed to the way it sounded on my early mix, which i thought was already good to my ears. Then you make some minor adjustments and realize how better it could be...

V2 - vastly improved drums, bass definition, more upfront lead vocal.

.mp3    Voelund - Comfort Lives In Belief_V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.3 MB)

way better, now you have more energy. Well done.
With a little salt and pepper the food tastes better.
P.S i think that you know that at the first second you have noise from the guitar.
Thank you! I've fixed the guitar noise and replaced the file.