Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Minute Smile Mix
Feedback please! Thanks!

.mp3    One Minute Smile R3_2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.27 MB)

Great! The guitars really sound heavy! and full. It works well on the verse, especially after the first surprise effect. On the other parts it's a bit overkill, and the drenching cymbals are a bit too loud, they eat all the attention. (prechorus, chorus)

I get the point of the surprise effect, although the initial eq could be better, there are some frequencies which ain't nice and don't seem intended
I'm a noob without gear. My mixes are bad. When giving advice I'm not critiquing like an expert, but only like a random listener.
Thanks for listening!

Here's an updated mix to listen to...

.mp3    One Minute Smile R4.mp3 --  (Download: 6.24 MB)

Even greater!

After listening to many versions of the song I feel the hardest thing to nail is to make the prechorus/chorus breathe. The verse is very efficient on its own, but when you add instruments, it becomes a bar of sound. On the scale of the whole song you don't really feel a progression. Right off my mind I would sidechain the vocals to the guitar to bring them even more forward on the prechorus, to really alter the balance and make it stand out. Then on the chorus it would be finding a way to get more space...
I mean don't know, that's just a matter of subtlety here, it sounds great as it is
I'm a noob without gear. My mixes are bad. When giving advice I'm not critiquing like an expert, but only like a random listener.