Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Elder & Mark M Thompson: 'The English Actor'
One more go.Its a shame i cant tune the vox but i dont have melodyne at the moment

.mp3    ENGLISH ACTORS.mp3 --  (Download: 7.67 MB)

Guessing you don't have a sub? The bottom end is really floppy. Part of it is the toms which you have to watch out for. Part of it is simply that kick. Since that is a sampled part anyway, you're probably best off completely replacing the kick using Slate or Drumagog or whatever plugin you favor. I also notice that your vocal sounds really dry. Your mix is coming across rather dark and I think most of that problem is below 250Hz.

On vocal tuning, for generally well behaved parts, as the lead vocal here is (its the chorus that I really found challenging) you might try Waves Tune Lite if you have it. For non-complicate work, it can be quite usable. There are probably a few other useful plugins out there of the auto-tune variety that are very affordable (like $50 or less) or even free. I'm not a plugin freak so I'm don't keep track of the Hot New Releases but there are so many out there now that there has to be one for every budget and to match every preference.
Old West Audio