Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tholas P - Such Fine People 1ws Mix
Gotta say, I'm a big fan of this track. It's criminal that it doesn't have more streams! Let me know what you think of my take on it Big Grin Thanks!

.mp3    ThomasP - Such Fine People - 1ws Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.34 MB)

Hey aftercutrecords, thanks for the kind words on the track!

I like the overall instrument balance in your mix, nothing's jumping out at me. It's maybe a bit harsh overall, lots of high mids. Did you reamp the guitars?
Amateur audio enthusiast.
Twitter: @bjoernkmusic
(16-12-2020, 09:12 AM)BKM Wrote: Hey aftercutrecords, thanks for the kind words on the track!

I like the overall instrument balance in your mix, nothing's jumping out at me. It's maybe a bit harsh overall, lots of high mids. Did you reamp the guitars?
Indeed I did! I reamped the guitars through a Soul Food pedal into a Diezel VH4 w/ an Orange cab. Thank you for the compliment Big Grin I actually referenced a fairly bright metal record for the overall EQ profile, so I think that makes sense that it would be aggressive in the upper midrange. Also, that soul food pedal really helps the tones cut without too much gain, though I often end up dialing back the brightness a big on the amp as a result.