Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
my take on Paraisso
Boom! I aimed towards a hi-fi vocal sound, shying away from the hefty mid-high frequencies present in the untreated vocal track (bringing a bump in the worst possible range).

What do you make of this attempt?

.mp3    Paraisso 15.12.20.a.mp3 --  (Download: 12.28 MB)

Your Mix sounds just amazing. I was wondering do go somewhere indie with an unbalanced mix maybe more puchy. But you gave such an elegance to it that I even feel I´m not going to mix it anymore
I have no reference as your mix is the only time I've heard the song. Also, I don't speak Spanish so have no idea what was being sung.
I think it sounds great. My only suggestion would be when the electric guitar comes in...I wanted it more elevated (more energy/intensity/space/volume or something) and then shrink back again at the next verse.
Very well done IMHO.
Comments are my personal opinion intended to help. I listened to your mix in studio on:
Yamaha HS80M/HS10W through a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 or
Sennheiser HD600 or HyperX Alpha headphones
all with and optionally without Sonarworks software.

MITB enthusiast, FOH Sound Engineer, Drummer
Very nice vocal sound! You went for a darker creamier sound on the vocals and it sounds nice on her voice. 
You also added some nice reverb send automation before the guitar enters and at the ending, these add some drama.
Compliments also on the balances in general, it really feels balanced.
This is quite an unusual track with an unusual fusion of elements, you did a great job combining them.

Critiques:
- pandeiro was a tad dull and/or had too much lower midrange for my taste (notch the muddy zone above the fundamental)
- perhaps more of a scenery change when the guitar enters?
- come of the breaths were a bit too loud and distracting (especially final section), maybe automate them down 12-18 dB (but don't mute them)
tidy,...nice work . just a thought or so ,
I do not have pre view tracks first listen also. as not much going on in arrangement, It would be nice to hear some creative automation and some ear candy on vocal etc.
I feel vocal has low mid problem, not sure if this is verb problem or not.? I want to have her vocal closer to me
like I can reach out and touch her ,for my personal taste she is not intimate enough.... a bit strange i know.
most of the elements I like the balance . some thing that jump out at me, a very distracting FQ on bongo that plays & 3 4,
and level of pad ,seem a few dbs high , is there already printed compression on piano it feels its has lost its dynamics.
Nice guitar tone, bit of a screamer and good balance between guitar and guitar effects.
Can the bit after the guitar be pushed to sound bigger ? maybe ride the master a few dbs or have overall mix sound lower and then build to that point.
Its almost there for me. I like your intentions for the tracks
All thoughts sent with great encouragement
Keep on keeping on....