Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve9_PrayForTheRain_mixed,mastered by Eric
Thanks!!

.mp3    Nerve9_PrayForTheRain_Mastered_0118_1414.mp3 --  (Download: 12.58 MB)

Hi Eric - thanks for mixing our track ! Taking some notes as I listen below.

- bass and drum level feels hot to me - I find myself listening to them instead of the lead vocal
- guitar missing in first chorus - power guitars are really low balance-wise
- like the build of the synth parts in verse 2
- hearing the occassional flam on the snare - I don't recognize the sound so maybe a trigger setting needs adjusted?
- some of the drum balance seems heavy on the toms when they come in - feels like they have more weight than the kick - or volume.
- lead vocal sounds really nice
- BVs seems like they could blend a little more
- lead guitar feels a little stark next to the lead vocal - like they are not in the same space/room

Lots to like in your mix - thanks for sharing ! My main comment would really be about the mix balance, as it feels really heavy on the bass and drums vs. the other mix elements. Might be worth a check against some reference tracks.

Thanks again !

Thomas
(18-01-2021, 12:31 AM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Hi Eric - thanks for mixing our track !  Taking some notes as I listen below.

- bass and drum level feels hot to me - I find myself listening to them instead of the lead vocal
- guitar missing in first chorus - power guitars are really low balance-wise
- like the build of the synth parts in verse 2
- hearing the occassional flam on the snare - I don't recognize the sound so maybe a trigger setting needs adjusted?
- some of the drum balance seems heavy on the toms when they come in - feels like they have more weight than the kick - or volume.
- lead vocal sounds really nice
- BVs seems like they could blend a little more
- lead guitar feels a little stark next to the lead vocal - like they are not in the same space/room

Lots to like in your mix - thanks for sharing !  My main comment would really be about the mix balance, as it feels really heavy on the bass and drums vs. the other mix elements.  Might be worth a check against some reference tracks.

Thanks again !

Thomas

Hi Thomas!! 

I remixed PrayForTheRain again. Please listen again and thank You for Your advice!!  Smile