Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Tholas P. - Such Fine People (Hein-Ivan Mix)
My take on this fine song. Thanks for listening!

V2 some changes!

.mp3    Thomas P. - Such Fine People.mp3 --  (Download: 8.43 MB)

.mp3    Tholas P - Such Fine People V2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.43 MB)

Guitars and vocals could all have some high end added to them, they sound a little dark compared to the snare and cymbals. Mix sounds good besides that, decent balances between all the tracks. The extra brightness will really help the mix sound wider and more exciting.

And great bass tone, it sounds really good where you set it, having more of a prominent role in the song. Makes me want to go and readjust it in my own mix. Smile
(06-12-2020, 04:42 AM)Friggy Wrote: Guitars and vocals could all have some high end added to them, they sound a little dark compared to the snare and cymbals. Mix sounds good besides that, decent balances between all the tracks. The extra brightness will really help the mix sound wider and more exciting.

And great bass tone, it sounds really good where you set it, having more of a prominent role in the song. Makes me want to go and readjust it in my own mix. Smile
Hi Friggy! Many thanks for the feedback. My goal was to make this track a bit darker as I felt it suited this track. I'll make a decision on the high end after listening in my car. Cheers!
It's a solid mix! The thing about high end makes sense but I'd say that if I had to master off this mix I'd be able to do my job. The only thing is that, maybe it's the tone, but the rhythms and drums feel a little verbed out sometimes.
(16-12-2020, 02:12 AM)aftercutrecords Wrote: It's a solid mix! The thing about high end makes sense but I'd say that if I had to master off this mix I'd be able to do my job. The only thing is that, maybe it's the tone, but the rhythms and drums feel a little verbed out sometimes.
Hi aftercutrecords! Thanks for the comments I'll do a new mix later on. Cheers!
New version V2 some changes!