Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believer - SR mix
This was a welcome change of pace. Please let me know what you think of this mix, thanks!

.mp3    Believer (SR test mix).mp3 --  (Download: 5.01 MB)

I think this is a really solid mix. You have a good balance between the instruments, and you bring them out with automation to highlight fills and solos. You also let the music keep it's natural dynamics, which is very suitable for bluegrass.

The only thing I can criticize is that it sounds a bit thin and harsh to me. I think you could let the guitar have a bit more low mid fullness. I think this could bring out the sustain of the guitar really nicely. In the current mix, you mostly hear the pick attack. I think a gentle low pass filter help smooth out the highs nicely without losing any presence or clarity. I also think a bit more reverb could help the mix sound more spacious.

I hope this was helpful. I would really appreciate if you could give some feedback on my mix of this song.
I really like how this sounds overall, it has a wonderful brightness to it in my opinion.

I agree with Frej, maybe dial back on the highs on the guitar a touch to tame the pick attack, not to much though, the attack sounds good I think, its just a touch out of balance with the mids

I found the guitar difficult to mix myself