Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Such Fine People master
Here's my master of "Such Fine People".

I thought the track was pretty cool,  but sounded a bit dull and flat dynamically.  My first aim was to get the choruses to jump out the speakers a little more, as it felt like there was a drop in energy when they came in.  Secondly,  I tried to make the tonal balance a bit cleaner and fuller.

Any feedback always appreciated Smile
Cheers!
Wibley

.mp3    SuchFinePeople.mp3 --  (Download: 8.3 MB)

I really like this master. Well done!

There is one thing I could suggest (maybe it's way out there, but still), and that is to boost the bass slightly during the verses and then flip the switch and make the bass return to normal and then instead boost the highs instead in the chorus. I feel that the song itself feels a bit "dull" in the verse, in a sense, so increased bass could definitely help keep the attention of listeners like me, and the raised highs really makes the chorus "jump out of the speakers a bit more" when I ran a quick test on it on your master. As long as it's more subtle. Just an idea, don't know if you'll like it. Smile
(03-12-2020, 03:22 AM)Inguz Wrote: I really like this master. Well done!

There is one thing I could suggest (maybe it's way out there, but still), and that is to boost the bass slightly during the verses and then flip the switch and make the bass return to normal and then instead boost the highs instead in the chorus. I feel that the song itself feels a bit "dull" in the verse, in a sense, so increased bass could definitely help keep the attention of listeners like me, and the raised highs really makes the chorus "jump out of the speakers a bit more" when I ran a quick test on it on your master. As long as it's more subtle. Just an idea, don't know if you'll like it. Smile

Cheers Inguz Smile

OK,  so I thought the bass was on the edge of sounding a bit too big, but maybe another 1/2 db or less could work on the verses.   Similarly, I didn't want to make the choruses too bright as that could sound a bit fatiguing on tinny systems, but again,  maybe really gentle push in the choruses could work... though I'd be more tempted to just increase the gain of the choruses by 1/4 db instead maybe,  just to create a bit more dynamic contrast, instead of altering the tonal balance Smile
Hey wibley, liking this a lot! Indeed sounds a bit more open and "fresh" than my original master. Good job!!
Amateur audio enthusiast.
Twitter: @bjoernkmusic
Cool sounding master, although I hear huge build up in the low mids. One band of multi-band compressor should fix that. Cheers
Pretty well balanced. Nice mix!