Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believer - Eric Nilsson Mix
(Added a Remastered version, after getting good feedback from DrakeEq)

Hi! It's been a while since I uploaded something here, my ambition is to do it more frequently from here on out. Smile
Very fun project to mix. I tried to make it feel natural with small amounts of compression and a full warm sound, (it's up to you to decide if I made it).

Plugins used:
Logic Pro X stock Eq on all channels.
Waves Cla-2a, T-racks Black 76 and Focusrite Red 3 for compression.
Tc Electronic VSS3 and Softube Spring for reverbs.
2-bus chain: Cla-2a, Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain, Waves L2.

I hope you like the mix. Critique is welcome since my goal is to develop.
All the best!

.mp3    BELIEVER - Eric Nilsson Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.42 MB)

.mp3    BELIEVER, REMASTER - Eric Nilsson Mix .mp3 --  (Download: 8.42 MB)

(28-11-2020, 11:53 PM)EricNilsson Wrote: Hi! It's been a while since I uploaded something here, my ambition is to do it more frequently from here on out. Smile
Very fun project to mix. I tried to make it feel natural with small amounts of compression and a full warm sound, (it's up to you to decide if I made it).

Plugins used:

All the best!
Hello EricNilsson! I like this mix a very good balance and sound. I'm glad you didn't drive the L2 to much since I never did like the sound on both the hardware unit and SW if it's limiting to much. Anyway, good job!
I think this a very nice balance overall. I'd like to hear a little bit more brightness on top (and maybe a slight bump in low end on the bass), but otherwise I like.
(29-11-2020, 11:34 PM)heinim Wrote:
(28-11-2020, 11:53 PM)EricNilsson Wrote: Hi! It's been a while since I uploaded something here, my ambition is to do it more frequently from here on out. Smile

Plugins used:

All the best!
Hello EricNilsson! I like this mix a very good balance and sound. I'm glad you didn't drive the L2 to much since I never did like the sound on both the hardware unit and SW if it's limiting to much. Anyway, good job!
Thanks for your kind words, so glad you liked it! I did not even know there was a hardware version of the L2, you learn something every day. I agree that the plugin does not sound good when attenuating to much. I use it just to get the level up and for dithering as well.
(03-12-2020, 03:02 AM)DrakeEq Wrote: I think this a very nice balance overall. I'd like to hear a little bit more brightness on top (and maybe a slight bump in low end on the bass), but otherwise I like.
I have listened to the track with fresh ears and some distance to the mix process and I totally agree with you.
Im going to do a re-master of it during the upcoming days.

Thanks for your input!
New Remastered version Available, Small adjustments made with the Abbey Road Mastering Chain plugin.
Hope You Enjoy!
Very good mix here, I really like the balance

The only thing that caught my ear was a touch of boxiness or nasaly frequencies in the vocals

Well done on this one