Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Elephant - Original Mixer's Remix
Hey Everyone,
I said in one of Mike's livestreams that I would attempt a remix of "The Elephant." Loads can change in three years, the main thing being that this is my first mix done entirely in Pro Tools. After being passed up by a local studio because of my lack of PT knowledge, I figured it was time to suck it up and make the switch. 

This mix was done entirely with PT stock plugins and effects. My reference this time around was the song "Attack" from Thirty Seconds to Mars' second album A Beautiful Lie, which led me to a very bright, dry, and punchy sound (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acIU7yxzJ70). In order to mimic the reference, I kept my panning decisions fairly narrow and my use of effects kept to a minimum, with a short plate setting on DVerb being my only choice. Seeing that I was going for a drier sound, I decided to discard the fake room track that I originally created, this was the only track I left out.

Below I have three versions of the song. First is my final master after referencing, second is my initial master after the first revision of the mix (note the slightly darker tone of the cymbals, guitars, and vocals), third is the original mix and master of the song from 2017 (the library preview mix).

Feedback is always welcome, unless you're running live sound, then it's a bad thing Wink .
-Robert

.mp3    The Elephant - Final_Master_3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.25 MB)

.mp3    The Elephant - Final_Master_1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.23 MB)

.mp3    The Elephant - Original Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.28 MB)