Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perpetual Escape - Duty & Memories (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A good song and fun to mix. Thanks for listening and any comments. Cheers!

.mp3    Perpetual Escape - Duty & Memories.mp3 --  (Download: 12.87 MB)

We are friends... please don't hate me...
I tell you again you add too much sub frequencies... maybe for some plug... but i think you really have to change monitors...
anyway i hear a lot of distorsion in the mid frquences... between guitars and voices... 4th minute is revealant....
my mix in the next days...

BlueTigerMastering studio gears:
Apple Mac M2 +
Softube Console 1 + Weiss/TubeTech plugz
TC Electronic Clarity metering system
Audiolab M-DAC and Cyrus pre and DAC
Dynaudio BM15A, Mackie HR824, Yamaha HS7 monitors
+ SVS subwoofer
Sony MDR-EX500 in-ear headphones
(03-06-2021, 08:41 PM)BlueTiger Wrote: We are friends... please don't hate me...
I tell you again you add too much sub frequencies... maybe for some plug... but i think you really have to change monitors...
anyway i hear a lot of distorsion in the mid frquences... between guitars and voices... 4th minute is revealant....
my mix in the next days...
Hello BlueTiger! Many thanks for the comments. I will never hate you for commenting on my mixes and I do take your points seriously. But I have to say that I never add any fake sub-frequencies (as you called it on another mix of mine), it's only a normal eq on the kick (some slight lift at 60Hz). If I use an eq on other instruments, it's almost always only a hi-pass up to 250Hz. As always a do reference on minimum 3 different speakers and finally in my car. But hey, I'm only an amature having fun doing this. Cheers!
ok maybe you listen on small speakers... if you lift 60hz you pull up 35-75hz too... theese frequencies are too hard to control on speakers with woofer under 20cm without a subwoofer... anyway i like your masters about general tone balance...

BlueTigerMastering studio gears:
Apple Mac M2 +
Softube Console 1 + Weiss/TubeTech plugz
TC Electronic Clarity metering system
Audiolab M-DAC and Cyrus pre and DAC
Dynaudio BM15A, Mackie HR824, Yamaha HS7 monitors
+ SVS subwoofer
Sony MDR-EX500 in-ear headphones