Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
come around
this mix frustrated the heck out of me a month ago when I tried it...

opened it up today, decided it didn't sound too bad after all, made my tweaks, and now I hope you enjoy it!

.mp3    come around.mp3 --  (Download: 8.38 MB)

I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Sounds very good overall to me. The only thing that is standing out to me is the reverb effect on the 1 & 2 Bk Vocal tracks don't seem to fit, but it could just be a matter of taste.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
thanks for the input! too much, not enough, wrong type?
I like the sound you've gotten here! about the reverb on the backvocals sometimes I've been able to to fix it just by EQ the effect. Roll off the lower frequencies and here how it sounds Smile
mixing since April 2013
(12-01-2014, 11:23 AM)juanjose1967 Wrote: I like the sound you've gotten here! about the reverb on the backvocals sometimes I've been able to to fix it just by EQ the effect. Roll off the lower frequencies and here how it sounds Smile

good advice! gonna give it a try.
(12-01-2014, 02:26 AM)pauli Wrote: this mix frustrated the heck out of me a month ago when I tried it...

opened it up today, decided it didn't sound too bad after all, made my tweaks, and now I hope you enjoy it!

I did! Indeed there are aspects of this mix I liked better than my own (which I'm going to go upload as soon as I'm done this posting so you can check it out Smile). For example, as you'll hear in my mix I took a somewhat drier approach (which should be no surprise; I tend to go dry, you tend to soak everything in reverb Tongue). However, having heard your approach with the big, open reverbs here I think your approach works better. I particularly love the nice reverb/echo you have on the tambourine there on the left, echoing over to the right. I love the way the voices fade back in around 2:40, like sirens emerging from a bed of fog... Big Grin

I did feel the snare drum was too loud, though; kinda snappy on my ears when I listened at a volume level that was comfortable overall. Vocals got a little too loud within the last minute or so, and the vocal tracks "cut off" rather obviously at the very end.

Those were the only significant flaws I could hear, though. Overall, really well done. Wink
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince