Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown - Cage
Hi!
All comments welcome, let me know what u think.
Peace
Jacques

.mp3    TheBlackCrown_Cage_Full.mp3 --  (Download: 12.42 MB)

.mp3    TheBlackCrown_Cage_Full_2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.42 MB)

Learn every day!!!
Hi!

About time I got round to checking out your mix!

Yeah, it's generally very good.

My initial thought is that the drums might be dominating just a little bit for me though, compared to the guitars and vocals maybe? Might be that the snare is a touch bright to start with, not sure.

Some thoughts if you were looking to add some extra polish:

- Needs more weight and punch in the kick? - Needs more 60 Hz to add some low end balance to the mix I feel.
- Could need just touch more 300-500Hz, again to add a bit of weight.
- The guitars can come up in volume a bit to match the drums, and also might need a touch of width processing?
- Could maybe blend in a little more delay under the vocals to add a little lift, eg 150ms L/200ms R, no feedback kind of thing just enough to get that 3D pop.

fyi - I referenced Kill Switch Engage - The End Of Heartache tracks (Take This Oath, Wasted Sacrifice, When Darkness Falls, World Ablaze, etc), level matched to -12db, along with your mix.

What do you think?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(29-11-2020, 09:49 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

About time I got round to checking out your mix!

Yeah, it's generally very good. 

My initial thought is that the drums might be dominating just a little bit for me though, compared to the guitars and vocals maybe? Might be that the snare is a touch bright to start with, not sure.

Some thoughts if you were looking to add some extra polish:

- Needs more weight and punch in the kick? - Needs more 60 Hz to add some low end balance to the mix I  feel.
- Could need just touch more 300-500Hz, again to add a bit of weight.
- The guitars can come up in volume a bit to match the drums, and also might need a touch of width processing?
- Could maybe blend in a little more delay under the vocals to add a little lift, eg 150ms L/200ms R, no feedback kind of thing just enough to get that 3D pop.

fyi - I referenced Kill Switch Engage - The End Of Heartache tracks (Take This Oath, Wasted Sacrifice, When Darkness Falls, World Ablaze, etc), level matched to -12db, along with your mix.

What do you think?

Cheers!
Hi!

Thx very much forth time u take for listening and give me feedback.
I mixed on headphones bayer dynamic DT-770 so why probably the low end should be touched a bit.
I'll check it and try to fix thing that u pointed out.
Give thx again for your comments.
All best
Jacques
Learn every day!!!