Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banana Split - Mix and Master
Here is something

.mp3    BananaSplit.mp3 --  (Download: 8.17 MB)

Hey Universe Man! The dry drum sound works for me in the verse, but once the chorus kicks in I feel like I want more oomph. The kick disappears quite a bit at that point. Also there's a dull high end to the mix overall -- could use a little air. Maybe consider losing a little of the mid frequencies on the acoustics and raising their high end because they add a nice percussive element, almost like a second hi hat.
On the vocal, maybe try rolling off a little around 300 to give it a little more clarity (some of the low end on it is making it a tad murky).
Otherwise nice!
(23-11-2020, 06:10 AM)DrakeEq Wrote: Hey Universe Man! The dry drum sound works for me in the verse, but once the chorus kicks in I feel like I want more oomph. The kick disappears quite a bit at that point. Also there's a dull high end to the mix overall -- could use a little air. Maybe consider losing a little of the mid frequencies on the acoustics and raising their high end because they add a nice percussive element, almost like a second hi hat.
On the vocal, maybe try rolling off a little around 300 to give it a little more clarity (some of the low end on it is making it a tad murky).
Otherwise nice!
All right
Certainly not my best mix, just kinda wanted it to be over, so if I ever do it again I’ll try some of that
Thanks for replying