Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lead Inc: 'Way Of Life'
hi there,
thanks for this song, i like it.
here is my attempt.
regards

edit: V2 is added.

.mp3    WOL.mp3 --  (Download: 13.77 MB)

.mp3    WOL_new.mp3 --  (Download: 13.96 MB)

Good mix in general but i would say overcompressed, it really shows in mono, did you add stereo width aswell? i dont think it helps on this, i tried it aswell but with the amount of noise when the 6 guitars come in its a bit chaotic. i like the vocals

any comments on mine would be ppreciated thanks
https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=40932
Hi YM,
You're absolutely right, I'm not satisfied with the first mix either. Most of the time, the drums annoyed me. I didn't pay that much attention to the guitars, especially of the monocompatibility. I haven't used stereo spreaders, I just like to mix LCR. It went wrong this time. Smile
So I made a completely new mix today. Is probably still overcompressed for your taste Wink, but I like that way, with uumph and oomph. it's just rock music. Wink
Thanks for your feedback,
dryfat
(27-10-2021, 07:23 PM)dryfat Wrote: Hi YM,
You're absolutely right, I'm not satisfied with the first mix either. Most of the time, the drums annoyed me. I didn't pay that much attention to the guitars, especially of the monocompatibility. I haven't used stereo spreaders, I just like to mix LCR. It went wrong this time. Smile
So I made a completely new mix today. Is probably still overcompressed for your taste Wink, but I like that way, with uumph and oomph. it's just rock music. Wink
Thanks for your feedback,
dryfat
Dont get me wrong i dont mind the compression! one thought i had when i first heard yours was thats definately rock with those drums, it was just the problems in the first mix making it unpleasant. On the second one it sounds alot better as it all has alot more body, sounds good to me now, proper metal