Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of STROBE - Maya
(01-01-2021, 06:57 AM)lukepercy Wrote: You have captured the tracks essence here, very nicely done. Backing vocals sound a little dry though. Diggin that snare.

Thank you lukepercy! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't know why, but I really didn't do much to the back vocals for some reason and there is certainly room to wet them up. I will work on it and post an update soon hopefully!
(31-12-2020, 03:57 PM)takka360 Wrote: This mix is nicely balanced and the vox are far from buried  and are sitting pretty well .
good work ,this track isn't an easy mix its got dull imprinted in the multitracks

Thank you takka! The multitracks are definitely dull and you are right, this mix wasn't a walk in the park. I am happy with the vocals myself, but listening again, I could have automated the vocals to fit a little better towards the end, so much mid stack up I feel with all of the instruments going on, the mix gets a little busy. Will re-visit and post an update. Thanks for the positive feedback!
(30-12-2020, 11:32 PM)LightYearRecords11 Wrote: Definitely one of the better mixes, but unfortunately still suffers form the vocals being drowned and a lack of overall cohesion to the track, along with seems seeming very dry and unbalanced.

The synths are the only parts that have any sort of good balance, but even then they are the loudest part of the mix.

Please, reference similar songs and base your balance ranges off that, and use automation to your advantage to control the vocal levels, especially when the layers stack.

Thanks for the feeback LightYearRecords11. For my ear the vocals don't sound drowned out for most of the song. I do agree with you that they are a bit drowned towards the end, especially with all of the instruments playing. I should have automated a cut in the mid range and increased the volume maybe, maybe even a touch of panning. What do you think?

Also, are you saying that the synths are to loud? The drums is whats really driving this song so I made it a point to mix the drums with most presence and loudness.
Great mix with punch and clarity! 
You definitely inspired me to improve mine. Thank you