Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alan Mansfield & John Pritchard: 'Boat Ride'
hi people,
here is my attempt.
thanks for hearing.

hmm. i make the second version with more guitars, the first one was a little bit thiny on the side...

.mp3    boot.mp3 --  (Download: 8.24 MB)

.mp3    boot2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.24 MB)

nice soft vocals not shrill like mine, nailed the madchester like guitar riff at the start, nice and rocky/ jumpy feel. Really got a nice tempo feel to song too, captured the punchy mood of vocals too.
thank you, bombay.
i added a delay to the hihat track and tambo, and this trick turned static hihat beats into a moving one.
vocals in this song are recorded very dynamic.
first: you can get a grip on the dynamic if you edit them first - turn all loud parts down first, and then bring the whole track louder to a moderate volume, otherwise the comps works crazy.
second: then fed the edited vocals into a cla 76 for leveling, and then compress them again with the waves vox. then process the s-sounds with two waves deesser, one in the range of 8khz and one in the range of 2khz.
hopefully this information will help you.
(14-11-2020, 11:45 PM)dryfat Wrote: thank you, bombay.
i added a delay to the hihat track and tambo, and this trick turned static hihat beats into a moving one.
vocals in this song are recorded very dynamic.
first: you can get a grip on the dynamic if you edit them first - turn all loud parts down first, and then bring the whole track louder to a moderate volume, otherwise the comps works crazy.
second: then fed the edited vocals into a cla 76 for leveling, and then compress them again with the waves vox. then process the s-sounds with two waves deesser, one in the range of 8khz and one in the range of 2khz.
hopefully this information will help you.

hello, dryfat if you have constructive feedback or tips for my track then i'd appreciate you commenting (inkeeping with the ethos of the forum) them on my track as i can't seen how you giving me advice on my track on a thread about your track is particularly valid.