Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Can You Say The Same' Petreniousmixedthat
Cheers! Nice brutal song with solid drums and sturdy groove, not usual for cambridge library! Awesome vocals production with epic bvoxes and nice coloration! Recorded really pretty darn good!

I have troubles with bass (during the choruses), so saw-synth is a nice alternation.  
Tried to make drums agressive as possible, with obvious pumping. Muting some parts during song makes more movement and "growth" through arrangement. 
Was not happy with cymbals hits samples and replaced it. Added some claps in choruses. Feels better, IMHO.
Still need some tweaks with automation to make choruses more bigger in comparison with verses, so, maybe later. 

Really hope to get some feedback here, 

Thanks to James and Benjamin for the opportunity to study with such great material. Hope to hear more songs from you! 

Mixed on NS-10M, Auratone Mixcube and DMAX SuperCubes, fully ITB. 

.mp3    James Timms x benjamin Cooseman - Can You Say the Same mixed by Petrenious.mp3 --  (Download: 8.99 MB)

(14-11-2020, 02:32 PM)Petrenious Wrote: Cheers! Nice brutal song with solid drums and sturdy groove, not usual for cambridge library! Awesome vocals production with epic bvoxes and nice coloration! Recorded really pretty darn good!

I have troubles with bass (during the choruses), so saw-synth is a nice alternation.  
Tried to make drums agressive as possible, with obvious pumping. Muting some parts during song makes more movement and "growth" through arrangement. 
Was not happy with cymbals hits samples and replaced it. Added some claps in choruses. Feels better, IMHO.
Still need some tweaks with automation to make choruses more bigger in comparison with verses, so, maybe later. 

Thanks to James and Benjamin for the opportunity to study with such great material. Hope to hear more songs from you! 

Hello Petrenious! A really good mix here. The only thing for me (since I'm a drummer myself), a bit boxy kick. Anyway, good job. Cheers!
(14-11-2020, 04:51 PM)heinim Wrote:
(14-11-2020, 02:32 PM)Petrenious Wrote: Cheers! Nice brutal song with solid drums and sturdy groove, not usual for cambridge library! Awesome vocals production with epic bvoxes and nice coloration! Recorded really pretty darn good!

Hello Petrenious! A really good mix here. The only thing for me (since I'm a drummer myself), a bit boxy kick. Anyway, good job. Cheers!
Thank you for your feedback here! I'm drummer too Big Grin   Yeah, it's a bit boxy, fully agree with you! Fixed that, but im not happy with a result. Without these 250Hz kick become more focused, but not fits in the mix (in my taste).
Solid mix. I think I'd like to hear more low end in general.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(16-11-2020, 07:45 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Solid mix. I think I'd like to hear more low end in general.
Thank you for your time! Yeah, ive lost some bass at the beginnig, my fault. Overall, ive checked this mix in different rooms with different PA's, and yes, i have lack of low end.