Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Who´s who in hell - my mix
Hi. This is my mix for this song. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for listening to it.

.mp3    Who´s who in hell MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.64 MB)

(14-11-2020, 01:49 AM)silvio.hotpanzer Wrote: Hi. This is my mix for this song. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for listening to it.
Hi! That's a fine mix, but let me make some points that I think will help !

- There is a lot of information around the area of 2-4 khz that is coming from the rythm guitars. A cut there would make the whole mix breathe better. Personally I used the DIs and created a new sound for the guitars as the ones provided felt thin and scratchy.
- Vocals I find are way too upfront. Lower the volume a bit to make them sit better in the mix and so other elements can be audible and maybe compress them more. Some parts of the vocals however are burried. You need to automate or compress more to make vocals more even through the song.
- Kick drum is missing high end that is needed in this type of music. Try boosting high frequencies, I guess 5-8 khz to give some pressence to the kick.
  In general the drums in the mix could be compressed hard to give them more punch and attack.

Cheers!
(03-08-2022, 02:05 AM)MakisD Wrote:
(14-11-2020, 01:49 AM)silvio.hotpanzer Wrote: Hi. This is my mix for this song. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for listening to it.
Hi! That's a fine mix, but let me make some points that I think will help !

- There is a lot of information around the area of 2-4 khz that is coming from the rythm guitars. A cut there would make the whole mix breathe better. Personally I used the DIs and created a new sound for the guitars as the ones provided felt thin and scratchy.
- Vocals I find are way too upfront. Lower the volume a bit to make them sit better in the mix and so other elements can be audible and maybe compress them more. Some parts of the vocals however are burried. You need to automate or compress more to make vocals more even through the song.
- Kick drum is missing high end that is needed in this type of music. Try boosting high frequencies, I guess 5-8 khz to give some pressence to the kick.
  In general the drums in the mix could be compressed hard to give them more punch and attack.

Cheers!
I thank your feedback.
However it was some time ago and I was in a learning process.
I don´t even remember about this mix....Sorry about the facts that you mention here.
But I appreciate your tips.
Cheers