Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mozart concerto N°12 Allegro
Hi

I tried at first to start without looking at the pictures to know by my hears were the instruments were sitting. (by listening to the main pair). Not easy then I have downloaded a score and that helped me a lot. Just in the "mix#4" horn and oboe are not sitting where they should be (at this performance).

I wanted to try an approach by starting with the spots mics. I didn't do automation but just once on the oboe in the middle of the piece (at 5 min)
to kill some of the horn bleeding I've separated the LR of the woodwinds, made eq on each to separate them more and on lots of tracks side chain the horn track in a dynamic eq.
I 've tried some volume automation at other moments but it changes the sound of the piano, so I quit doing that.

in mix#5 I had a look at the pictures ! now the woodwinds are at their places  Confused . I wanted to clean the overall basses. but peharps I got too much highs now.
I didn't clean the noises (chairs, mechanics...) I don't have the tools. 

Thanks for sharing the multitrack and everyone's involvement.

hope you'll enjoy this attempt, feel free to send some feedback (I'll be happy)

ps: I don't know if I can put this here: a score can be found there: https://www.free-scores.com/download-sheet-music.php?pdf=41911

.mp3    GnessinAcademyOrchestra_PianoConcertoK414-mix#4.mp3 --  (Download: 15.23 MB)

.mp3    GnessinAcademyOrchestra_PianoConcertoK414-mix#5.mp3 --  (Download: 15.21 MB)

Hi, hope you're well

things I forgot to mention: in mix #5 the pair out-ouriiger is muted (seems that the phase correlation wasn't stable). and I put the volume of the silence at the beginning very loud and cut the ringing frequencies. I apply that eq to my stereo buses (at the end of the chain but perhaps has it been wiser to put the eq at the beginning).

in the mix 6 the out rigger pair is de-muted, I try to soften the highs and bring back some low end, I bring a little more of ambience with the main pair and the hall pair (not very much). several other tweaks have been made.

there is still no automation and very few compression. I tried to render the performance as it was (I hope!)

in 6bis outrigged pair is muted and violas are a, very, little bit re-center.

i'l try again with a different approach, to start with the main pair.

hope you'll enjoy

.mp3    GnessinAcademyOrchestra_PianoConcertoK414-mix#6.mp3 --  (Download: 15.19 MB)

.mp3    GnessinAcademyOrchestra_PianoConcertoK414-mix#6bis.mp3 --  (Download: 15.13 MB)