Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alan Mansfield & John Pritchard_Boat Ride
another great song, hope it sounds ok...
used both takes, and just altered back vocals a bit between versions...

-Version2b, tried a more finished sound and a few fixes....

.mp3    Alan Mansfield & John Pritchard_Boat Ride_V1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.28 MB)

.mp3    Alan Mansfield & John Pritchard_Boat Ride_V2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.28 MB)

.mp3    Alan Mansfield & John Pritchard_Boat Ride_V2b.mp3 --  (Download: 8.28 MB)

Hi thanks and glad you like the song.The second mix is really nice and together and balanced well and nice on the ear .i Fill ist just a bit too low fi sounding if it had a bit more high end sparkle i think you could be on to a really good mix.Good work .
I hope you dont mind but just out of interest i took some lows and low mids out of your mix and it was starting to give me what my ear was looking for as it started t brighten it

.mp3    Adjustements.mp3 --  (Download: 8.32 MB)

(12-11-2020, 06:36 PM)takka360 Wrote: I hope you dont mind but just out of interest i took some lows and low mids out of your mix and it was starting to give me what my ear was looking for as it started t brighten it
yes you right...usually i try to avoid getting too bright, leave that kind of balance for the mastering as things will need rebalance after adding gain as well. Try to keep everything in.... i can give it a try though... maybe i'll try have the V1 backing vocs for V2 just to see... i'm realy glad you like the mix overall, thanks a lot for feedback.
There is going to be a mix contest for this track coming up here and and the winner wins a Boz digital plugin .
(12-11-2020, 08:43 PM)takka360 Wrote: There is going to be a mix contest for this track coming up here and and the winner wins a Boz digital plugin .
that's great...thanks for letting me know