Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistrusted - Cascade
Hi,
My mix.
Cheers!

Update: Added mix 1.0.

.mp3    Mistrusted - Cascade.mp3 --  (Download: 7.3 MB)

.mp3    Mistrusted - Cascade 1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 7.3 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hey mikej,

Perfectly fine mix, buuuut the verse guitars are very small in comparison to the drums and bass. They sound like toys to me.
BG Vox are also a bit loud for me.

But good sounds all around.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel
Hi!

Thanks for the comments - much appreciated.

Yes I totally agree with you. The balance is way off. Drums down a bit, guitars up a bit, vocals down, and yes, BV's down too for a start. I've also spotted a slight routing issue I made too which means the snare is also not getting compressed as it should. Sad

Going to try for a v2. Might add a touch more compression and maybe try some distortion on the vocals.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Added mix 1.0.

Cheers!
I prefer mix 1.0. Good sounding mix!
Thanks for checking it out. I struggle a bit with this stuff. Working at it though!

Cheers!
Hey Mike, writing as in listening to v1. I would recommend to add riddiculous amounts of bass and lowmids and then some distortion to the intro and verses guitar since it originalet was so plucky. I think i had 2 little, i went very much like this on my version but still felt it ended up shy.
Hi!

Yeah it's difficult to know what to do with it really. I think I was going for a more sort of shoegazy/indie thing with that part. Listening back to it now I think I could have maybe thinned it out a bit more. However checking out the library mix I get exactly what you mean!

Cheers!