Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Comfort Lives In Belief by Aris
A very nice song by Voelund. You are welcome for critics.

.mp3    ComfortLivesInBelief by Aris.mp3 --  (Download: 7.55 MB)

I like how the intro grows little by little. Very good!

Balance of instruments feels good.

Some minor things to tweak came in to my mind:

The beginning introduces a big space. When vocal join it sounds a little bit like a vocal booth. This song might benefit of live illusion. It could still be very dry vocals, but it would be nice if something in the vocal sound could support an illusion of real band performing together.

Also with some other instruments it would be nice to have more live feeling. It could be just a little bit of nice room reverb on band bus, or something else to make them blend just a little bit.

Bg-vocals sounds like they are taken from some other genre. Or from samples. Maybe too loud or too distinct.

But main thing: good job!
(09-01-2014, 11:11 PM)Olli H Wrote: I like how the intro grows little by little. Very good!

Balance of instruments feels good.

Some minor things to tweak came in to my mind:

The beginning introduces a big space. When vocal join it sounds a little bit like a vocal booth. This song might benefit of live illusion. It could still be very dry vocals, but it would be nice if something in the vocal sound could support an illusion of real band performing together.

Also with some other instruments it would be nice to have more live feeling. It could be just a little bit of nice room reverb on band bus, or something else to make them blend just a little bit.

Bg-vocals sounds like they are taken from some other genre. Or from samples. Maybe too loud or too distinct.

But main thing: good job!

Hello Olli, i would like to thank you for your time. Yes , you are right about this "live illusion" , it was my my first choice and way of thinking. That's why i did not correct many of the timing issues but after i had this idea of the almost dry vocals and guitars. I will try your idea and post it as soon as possible.
P.S. The bass track has some reverbTongue
This is great !
Very inspired arrangement changes and the sound is excellent.
Really like the drums and what did you do to the bass ? I want to do the same ...
The comp you made of guitars are so cool, especially the string noise you placed after the solo breakin it down is a clever move.
The verses and especially the intro are a welcome change, great idea breakin it down and havin difrent instruments on each verse.
My only suggestion if possible, when the band kicks in it would sound better to my ears if they hit a note instead of a quick fade in.

What a thrill to hear this version. Thank you for this listen and your creative input.
Seems you had as much fun rearrangin it as I had writin and performin it.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(17-01-2014, 02:42 AM)Voelund Wrote: This is great !
Very inspired arrangement changes and the sound is excellent.
Really like the drums and what did you do to the bass ? I want to do the same ...
The comp you made of guitars are so cool, especially the string noise you placed after the solo breakin it down is a clever move.
The verses and especially the intro are a welcome change, great idea breakin it down and havin difrent instruments on each verse.
My only suggestion if possible, when the band kicks in it would sound better to my ears if they hit a note instead of a quick fade in.

What a thrill to hear this version. Thank you for this listen and your creative input.
Seems you had as much fun rearrangin it as I had writin and performin it.
Thank you for your comments and your time to answer.
I really had fun arranging and mixing your song.
At the bass i added E.Q, compressor, IVGI, SubBass plugin. Also i used in Parallel, IVGI (very distorted),and a different EQ. Reverb as a send. And finally i muted the bass during second verse. It makes the difference Tongue
I m glad that you like it.
IVGI - ive heard lots of good about it, but Im on old gear and it wont run on my mac.. Dang
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Awesome mix!
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(17-01-2014, 10:45 PM)Voelund Wrote: IVGI - ive heard lots of good about it, but Im on old gear and it wont run on my mac.. Dang
I don't know the age of your gear but you can try to download it. It's free.
I work with a Mac too. (but not so old Big Grin)

(17-01-2014, 11:22 PM)bmullen Wrote: Awesome mix!
Thank's man!!!!
I use OS X.4, lowest supportin it is X.5.
I have a laptop PC lyin around, maybe I can run it on that, if just for bas. Sounds great !