Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out my mix!
Let me know what you think of my mix! (I do have it at a mastered level so that it sounds like a commercial song, I can't get a good feel for my mix otherwise.)

.mp3    Can You Say The Same v2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.04 MB)

(08-11-2020, 06:23 AM)JRod93 Wrote: Let me know what you think of my mix! (I do have it at a mastered level so that it sounds like a commercial song, I can't get a good feel for my mix otherwise.)
Hi!!
The song sounds really good. Maybe the subbass (Below 50 Hz) is too loud for my taste and the lead vox is too thin.
Good job!
Cheers
(10-11-2020, 10:09 AM)supep Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 06:23 AM)JRod93 Wrote: Let me know what you think of my mix! (I do have it at a mastered level so that it sounds like a commercial song, I can't get a good feel for my mix otherwise.)
Hi!!
The song sounds really good. Maybe the subbass (Below 50 Hz) is too loud for my taste and the lead vox is too thin.
Good job!
Cheers
I just recently removed my subwoofer from my monitoring setup, so I'm still getting used to how to control those low frequencies. So I appreciate that feedback. And I had a really hard time with these vocals because they're printed so distorted and midrangy. I err'ed toward emphasizing the presence instead of the body, because that seemed like it complimented the midranged and distorted nature of the vocal track, but I admit I'm still not super happy with how they sound. I'll play around with making them more full. Thanks again!
You are moving a lot of air. Vocals get buried at times. Good use of transient ticks.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]