Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistrusted - Cascade (Hein-Ivan Mix)
My take on this song. Thanks for listening. Cheers!

V2 small changes!

.mp3    Mistrusted - Cascade.mp3 --  (Download: 7.36 MB)

.mp3    Mistrusted - Cascade V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.36 MB)

Great example on stereo usage, good balance, though I feel a bit too compressed, making the drums fall behind the rest. I would say back down on everything, get that kick really punching and open up a bit more for the snare! Less compression/limiting doesn't hurt as well.
(08-11-2020, 05:35 AM)Kevinw0lf Wrote: Great example on stereo usage, good balance, though I feel a bit too compressed, making the drums fall behind the rest. I would say back down on everything, get that kick really punching and open up a bit more for the snare! Less compression/limiting doesn't hurt as well.
Hi Kevinw0lf! Many thanks for the feedback. Actually there is not much of compressing here in the mix. There is a mulitband on the master bus 1-2db max and max 4db on the limiter. Anyway I'l do another mix later on. Cheers!
I have to agree with Kevin, the master bus compression/limiting is hurting the mix. Sounds to me like the vocals (on "take" for example) are making the compressor work a bit much. If you want to keep your compression amount, I would try compressing the vocals(without make-up gain) on a bus before they hit the master.

Still, really great mix!

Cheers,
Lukas
(08-11-2020, 05:36 PM)LukasL Wrote: I have to agree with Kevin, the master bus compression/limiting is hurting the mix. Sounds to me like the vocals (on "take" for example) are making the compressor work a bit much. If you want to keep your compression amount, I would try compressing the vocals(without make-up gain) on a bus before they hit the master.

Still, really great mix!

Cheers,
Lukas
Hi Lukas! Many thanks for the feedback. Well, I wanted the mix to be a bit "dirty" and maybe I went too far. Anyway I'l do another mix later on. Cheers!
New version V2 small changes!
I listening V2. Really nice balanced mix!
(20-12-2020, 06:35 PM)mike84 Wrote: I listening V2. Really nice balanced mix!
HiĀ mike84! Many thanks for the feedback. Cheers!
I like this mix, ballsy bass, not many who mixes bass and kicks like this.
(16-01-2021, 12:17 AM)crownoise Wrote: I like this mix, ballsy bass, not many who mixes bass and kicks like this.
Hi crownoise! You are so kind many thanks for the comments. Cheers!