Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Alan Mansfield & John Pritchard - Boat Ride.
(13-11-2020, 08:41 PM)takka360 Wrote: I have just listened to your mix a few times and this mix is fantastic Every detail you have brought out and it all hits in the right places .It really couldn't be more perfect mate .
Thanks again.  Seems opinions are a little divided though, which is no bad thing.  I hope that means there will be some more cool mixes coming up!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
The crunch guitars and straight drums were the original .My mate then added the other bits so it could all be changed around.All the guitar parts are played on a fender strat custom shop and a Rickenbacker 12 string
(03-11-2020, 10:07 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Gave it a go.

Cheers!

Added mix 2.0 - Slightly different direction.
Added mix 3.0 - Same direction as the first mix, but started over.
Vocals are too upfront compare to the rest of your mix
Mr. Loud
Quote:Vocals are too upfront compare to the rest of your mix
Hi!

Apologies for not getting back sooner.
Yeah, maybe perhaps they are a bit. 
I was aiming for upfront vocals.  I find it depends when and what I'm listening on though to how upfront they feel.  On my monitors the vocals sound about where I want them, but maybe just a little bit too much upfront.  On one pair of headphones they sound ok, and on another pair perhaps too upfront.  I probably need to find the point where they sound pretty much ok on all of them maybe?
Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!