Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
APZX - Amalgamize
hello spain...which city?

this sounds like a difficult mix. many sounds, many frequencies! i think you did rather well to EQ all of this...great clarity and separation.

i think you were wise not to use FX...the synths were doing rather well on their own Smile But how about reverb to help create some depth and placement?

i found the high end quite bright and fatiguing, so perhaps have a look at which synths you want to have a presense in the mix, and which you can afford to roll back. when "mastering"...watch the high end doesn't get even brighter with reduced dynamics which can easily happen too. i use a multi band compressor almost out of habit with synths because they have such wide spectral content which lends itself well to multi band compression....perfect too for taming the high end, incidentally. dynamic EQ is perfect for synth taming Smile

did you think about which elements were providing the rhythm and which were more melodic?

if you are going to have another look at this, i'd be interested to hear how v2.0 sounds.

cheers
Dave

by the way....if you haven't used spectral graphics to help assess or flag up issues, have a go, they can offer additional support...there's some quite decent freebies on the web. hasta..
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!

Messages In This Thread
APZX - Amalgamize - by juanjose1967 - 08-01-2014, 07:11 PM
RE: APZX - Amalgamize - by The_Metallurgist - 21-02-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: APZX - Amalgamize - by juanjose1967 - 21-02-2014, 07:58 PM
RE: APZX - Amalgamize - by juanjose1967 - 25-02-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: APZX - Amalgamize - by pauli - 19-04-2014, 02:56 AM
RE: APZX - Amalgamize - by juanjose1967 - 19-04-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: APZX - Amalgamize - by pauli - 19-04-2014, 09:17 PM