Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Bridges
The most unnecessary low end ever, i dunno why i did this.

.mp3    Darkride Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.17 MB)

I don't hear the unnecessary low end.. this is pretty solid mix. It's exciting and balances are pretty on point. Would have like some more midrange on that bass so it pierces through a lil better but it sounds good.
Hey i do agree i should have used some eq on the bass (i literally only got an compressor on there) and I didn't do an automation pass guess thats why it sounds incomplete and static to me, thanks for the comments anyway appreciate it.
Technically it's a very good mix with great separation and clarity, but it lacks drama and excitement - the stuff you usually add with automation. Louder guitars in the chorus, more bass in the verse, a decent amount of special effects to, e.g. smooth out a transition from part A to part B. Maybe something more subtle like small 0.5 to 1 db volume changes between verse, chorus, bridge and the solo. Or a slow increase in volume from part to part with the last chorus being the loudest part / the climax of the song.

Maybe you even have to dial back the clarity and add more grit and dirt by pushing the mix harder into the 2bus compressor, or add saturation with a plugin like the Black Box HG-2 or something similar.

Anyway, if you can deliver a mix with this amount of clarity and separation you probably also know how to make it more engaging without me rambling on for 5 minutes Smile
Hey Blitz, You make an excellent point as i was mixing this i wanted to do an automation pass which i usually do right at the end of a mix but then i unfortunately ran out of time(i had like 2hours free) and it is making it feel very robotic and "undynamic". Thanks for the good words this is my profession so i hope to always deliver quality and professional work.

Cheers! Have a good one Smile