Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mITc's Foundation - Stephano Petrocca
This is another song I had mixed quite a while ago and it was fun then. Seeing it here had me re-assessing my approach to some degree.

My approach was determined mostly by how I approached the drums.  Being that there were no toms or over head tracks, those elements were left to bleed. The sound I wanted from the snare was a gated effect which took some effort to get right so as a result the snare was striped down to its raw impulses and all bleed removed. Both the snare and the kick then had a discreet gated reverb added which was used only in the verses. I liked the snap and tonality this gave those elements.

The ensemble elements were well presented and pretty easy to give space to mostly via panning and with EQ.
The vocals were very easy for me to make present with the backdrop I had created with the ensemble and the drums.
The Dobro was a unique character and was fun to push into place.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. (-13.6 LUFS)

I hope it is found worthy of comment.
Your friend in mixing,
mITc

.mp3    Stephano Petrocca - Foundation.mp3 --  (Download: 9.33 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hi i feel that snare in the verse does not fit,then the snare in the chorus is very low,i like the bass tone though.
Reaper user
(05-11-2020, 09:11 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi i feel that snare in the verse does not fit,then the snare in the chorus is very low,i like the bass tone though.
In the choruses, the gating is taken off and the snare is left kind of naked. The gating is present in all other phrases. Certainly there is a big change between those parts. Glad you like the bass tone.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]