Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nzca lines - pure luxury - mixed by saint thomas ledoux
Gosh.

I love those 80's productions - Chaka Khan - Through The Fire,  I Feel for You (of course), etc.  Reading liner notes took me to Arif Mardin (wow!) and then of course on to All My Friends are Here.  Not sure if you've seen the film, but the track 'Wistful' really does get me every time.  The whole production is very moving and affectionate.  Everything about the album and the film is really beautiful.

Bit of a digression there from discussing the mix but hey.

Nice idea with distorting the kick and blending it in.  I find I don't quite think along those lines.  I guess you could maybe duplicate the loop and split it in 3 frequency bands or something to try and process kick and snare on seperate channels. 

I think it's good to experiment with things and try different ideas out, etc.  They might not all work, all the time, but you never know when you might hit upon something that seems to work more often than not, and that also raises the game a little.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: nzca lines - pure luxury - mixed by saint thomas ledoux - by mikej - 01-11-2020, 10:13 PM