Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nzca lines - pure luxury - mixed by saint thomas ledoux
I think John's post was more in response to me calling him out in my post like a goob than to your response, Mike.  As for other students, I think it's a mixed bag of 1) they don't normally post in these kinds of communities or 2) their first attempts at posting get no feedback, so they don't come back.  FWIW, we were encouraged to seek out a lot of potential forums, and I picked this one because I like the source material y'all host more than other places. Rest assured, your feedback is appreciated.

Would've responded sooner, but have been pretty slammed this week.  Don't doubt that there's some info floating around below 40 Hz that might be skewing my mix towards the heavy side, but I certainly can't hear it at home on my system!

As for increasing presence in the upper mid-range.  Would be interested to hear suggestions for how to achieve that without the vocal itself being somewhat harsh or sibilant?  I probably tucked it a little back in the mix before all was said and done due to my own fatigue.  Was def always surprised when referencing my mix to the commercial release by how in your face they mixed the vocal.  Seems like no matter how much I'd go back and boost it it was always still quieter that the original.

Messages In This Thread
RE: nzca lines - pure luxury - mixed by saint thomas ledoux - by sledoux - 31-10-2020, 07:09 PM