Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nzca lines - pure luxury - mixed by saint thomas ledoux
Hi!

Yeah, a huge amount of tracks to sort through and organise for this one, before you even think about mixing them! Well done for getting through it.

It's a really good effort I think, especially taking the number of tracks into account. All the parts are reasonably well eq'd and balanced and I think you've done a great job of placing everything in the stereo field. You've managed to get more parts in than I ended up using I think too. The other thing that I note is that you haven't gone overboard with reverb and compression.

Couple of thoughts regarding possible improvements -

It sounds just a touch flat for me in the 1-6kHz range - I feel you could maybe boost a little there around 3k or so on the master, to balance out with the 40Hz that's going on in the low end perhaps?

Along similar lines I think you could bring the vocals up and out front a little more. I think for pop styles for me the vocals can be a little more up front.

What are your thoughts?

You know you can always come back and post another version of the mix if you want to spend more time on it.

There's plenty more mixes on here to tackle too of course.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: nzca lines - pure luxury - mixed by saint thomas ledoux - by mikej - 29-10-2020, 12:18 AM