Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skelpolu - Anomalous Weeping (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A nice track and fun to mix. Thanks for listening and any comments. Cheers!

.mp3    Skelpolu - Anomalous Weeping.mp3 --  (Download: 14.47 MB)

Hello Hein, I've just been enjoying your mix of Anomalous Weeping. I know you did this a few years ago but I wanted to know if you could explain your approach, if not specifically, then in general for some of the elements in this track.

1. Drums - I was comparing the kick and snare to my own and was wondering if you mixed in other samples or was all processing. The punch, tone, and tightness are completely different from what I could get.

2. Synths and Flute - these elements are very upfront and solid with a lot of the "wispiness" removed (noise and weak frequencies) is the best way to describe it, although it was difficult for me to emulate.

Anything else that comes to your mind is obviously welcome. Thanks!
(07-01-2024, 07:12 PM)krujap777 Wrote: Hello Hein, I've just been enjoying your mix of Anomalous Weeping. I know you did this a few years ago but I wanted to know if you could explain your approach, if not specifically, then in general for some of the elements in this track.

1. Drums - I was comparing the kick and snare to my own and was wondering if you mixed in other samples or was all processing. The punch, tone, and tightness are completely different from what I could get.

2. Synths and Flute - these elements are very upfront and solid with a lot of the "wispiness" removed (noise and weak frequencies) is the best way to describe it, although it was difficult for me to emulate.

Anything else that comes to your mind is obviously welcome. Thanks!
Hello krujap777! Many thanks for listening and commenting on my mix. Regarding the drums, I only use an EQ on the kick boosting at 60hz (low shelf), cut at 120hz and did not add any sample. The snare has no EQ. On the drum-bus I have a compressor max 1-2db with 50ms attack and the 150ms release.
On synths and flutes just a hi-pass at 100hz and some light compression.

So as you see nothing special done her. The most important thing for me is the get the balance right.

Cheers!
Thank you Hein. I will keep an eye out for your other contributions on the forum, until next time!