Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my take on Tiptoe Through the Crypto
What I mostly don't like about the preview mix is that some elements are too wide, it ends up loosing cohesiveness in my opinion. Besides that I think the sounds could be worked upon (a lot in some cases).

The "official" mix posted in YouTube is better, but I think it's a bit lackluster, more polish would do it good. Maybe it's the concept, since the idea there is to show off Telefunken's microphones sound - I wouldn't agree with that leave-as-is concept anyhow, but could be the case.

That aside I think it's weird to a mix that will become an audiovisual piece to not consider the actual stage positioning that took place. Keyboard player is on the left, guitar player on the right side and it's inverted in the mix. It's in drummer's perspective, but we're watching it, of course, in viewer's perspective (there's a side camera, but we don't addapt to every video cut, right? Would be funny, though).

That is part of the process in which I begin to picture the final result I'm aiming for. Is the mix I'm presenting perfect, is it to be universally accoladed? Certainly not, everyone has their way and preferences, but putting an extra leap of thought into it is always nice. Which makes me think of a YouTube series that is spot on the make-think thing, hosted by Gregory Scott at "The House of Kush". Recommended.

Lots and lots of writing for a straightforward mix, sorry I'm prolix today. Hope you dig listening to this, comments welcomed and appreciated. : )

.mp3    Tiptoe Through the Crypto 25.10.20.b.mp3 --  (Download: 10.99 MB)