Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my take on Sea of Leaves
Hardest thing was probably taming the hi hat without making it dull or gone. Very straightforward song.

I used a snare sample to enhance the sustain, subtle stuff. Scraped the bass amp track and used a virtual amp for more oomph. Clean guitars drenched in chorus and plate reverb on - you guessed it - the chorus. Sounds like backing vocals were recorded with a cell phone, I've filtered 'em and that's about it. Guess that's that, rock on!

As always, comments are appreciated. : )

.mp3    Sea of Leaves 22.10.20.a.mp3 --  (Download: 7.21 MB)

(23-10-2020, 03:10 AM)Bruno Corrêa Wrote: Hardest thing was probably taming the hi hat without making it dull or gone. Very straightforward song.

I used a snare sample to enhance the sustain, subtle stuff. Scraped the bass amp track and used a virtual amp for more oomph. Clean guitars drenched in chorus and plate reverb on - you guessed it - the chorus. Sounds like backing vocals were recorded with a cell phone, I've filtered 'em and that's about it. Guess that's that, rock on!

Hello Bruno Corrêa! I like this mix, good dynamic and sound and it works with the snare sample. Good job!
(23-10-2020, 01:43 PM)heinim Wrote:
(23-10-2020, 03:10 AM)Bruno Corrêa Wrote: Hardest thing was probably taming the hi hat without making it dull or gone. Very straightforward song.

Hello Bruno Corrêa! I like this mix, good dynamic and sound and it works with the snare sample. Good job!

You're always very kind, heinim, thank you!