Poll: is it ok
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
bruh moment
0%
0 0%
ok
100.00%
1 100.00%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Forthcoming Turn Mix
First rough mix of this. Turned out pretty decent.

Using Logic Pro X.

For the guitars I mixed the originals pretty low and re-amped the DIs. On Each of the guitars I used a gate, a high boost w/ an od pedal (just one of the ones logic comes with) three different amps for the different guitars, and an awesome free Fredman style IR for the cab. On the left guitar I used LePou Plugins LeXtac (modeled on a Bogner Ecstasy) which is an amazing free amp sim and I love it, on the right guitar I used the ignite Emisary, which you've probably heard of, and on the center guitar (which I mixed fairly low too) I used the LePou Plugins LeGion, which isn't a model of anything unlike the other LePou amps.

I mixed the original Bass tone pretty low and cut all the highs out of it down to about 100-150, cut the low a tiny bit at about 50-30 and boosted in the middle a little for some sub tones. The bass DI I used a pretty complicated chain, has some compression and eq'ing going on, some distortion mixed in about halfway before the amp, the LeXtac again for the amp, and an awesome IR bass cab from Panda Cabs free pack. 

I didn't think the synths really fit well in the song at all, so most of them are mixed pretty low, with big low cut and some mid cuts.

The strings I wanted to sit over top over everything well but not drown them out, so I did moderate low and mid cut with some high boost.

The drums were a lot of fun, but I couldn't get the kick and snare to punch as much as I wanted without getting the bleed from the other parts of the kit to be way to loud, so I kept them in but I used Pearl Reference 22" kick and the Pearl Sensitone 14x6.5" snare from GGD Matt Halpern P4 kit and just sent those to the same busses that I used to process them respectively. pretty much normal processing beyond that, eq and compression on various parts, a subbass enhancer on the kick bus, and then a parallel compression bus where the drums are getting absolutely smashed, all sent to a master bus. no reverb, three room mics is pretty insane so that worked well.

It may not be very loud because it was just a quick mix and I haven't done any mastering. Also, I think I may have selected something wrong when I bounced it because the wav sounds a little lofi, grainy.

Anyway let me know what you think, even listening to it now I'm hearing things I need to fix.

.mp3    The Forthcoming Turn Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.18 MB)