Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're all the same to me!
Is he talking about mixes?

Tell me what you think, lacks punch, too much cymbals, you're gay whatever will be appreciated, thanks.

.mp3    All the Same mastered_.mp3 --  (Download: 8.85 MB)

The stingrays must be fat this year
I'm moving slow, in my lowest gear....♪♫
The drums carry well though this mix without being overcompression, which I like. When I mixed this I felt that leaving the vocal double-track in for the verses wasn't a good idea, because double-tracking tends to dilute the emotional integrity of the lyric/performance, and that's what I feel like with your version too.

You've done quite a good job of making the chorus really 'arrive', which is great, because it's one of the trickiest challenges in this mix, I think. That said, the wide guitars of verse two slightly undermine the second chorus entry for me. Good vocal balancing in the choruses -- the right kind of level and sound to get the lyrics across, but without making the backing sound small.

Love the new mid-section sound. Very characterful, and really grabs the attention. My only quibble is that maybe it just feels a bit too 'big' sonically, which robs the following solo/chorus section of a bit of impact.

Oh, and you're gay.

Smile
(14-11-2012, 02:07 PM)Mike Senior Wrote: The drums carry well though this mix without being overcompression, which I like. When I mixed this I felt that leaving the vocal double-track in for the verses wasn't a good idea, because double-tracking tends to dilute the emotional integrity of the lyric/performance, and that's what I feel like with your version too.

You've done quite a good job of making the chorus really 'arrive', which is great, because it's one of the trickiest challenges in this mix, I think. That said, the wide guitars of verse two slightly undermine the second chorus entry for me. Good vocal balancing in the choruses -- the right kind of level and sound to get the lyrics across, but without making the backing sound small.

Love the new mid-section sound. Very characterful, and really grabs the attention. My only quibble is that maybe it just feels a bit too 'big' sonically, which robs the following solo/chorus section of a bit of impact.

Oh, and you're gay.

Smile

lmao thanks mike, felt exactly some things you mentioned while listening to it just yesterday.

cheers.
The stingrays must be fat this year
I'm moving slow, in my lowest gear....♪♫
i wish i was as good as you and mike senior...should I give being gay a try?
(22-12-2012, 04:50 AM)ShreddyKrueger Wrote: should I give being gay a try?

You'll never know for sure unless you try.... Smile
(22-12-2012, 09:08 AM)Mike Senior Wrote:
(22-12-2012, 04:50 AM)ShreddyKrueger Wrote: should I give being gay a try?

You'll never know for sure unless you try.... Smile

I just might cus right now my mixes are..well, "its all the same, its all the same to me". Cool

Btw: How do i post my songs so you guys can tear me a new hole? Iv got this "promises and lies" and "left behind" that needs criticism
Thanks.

any1 else hear "Ill stand my ground on tinkerbel"l?? chorus 0:53
(23-12-2012, 03:26 PM)ShreddyKrueger Wrote: Btw: How do i post my songs so you guys can tear me a new hole? Iv got this "promises and lies" and "left behind" that needs criticism

All the details should be here.

Loving the drum sound and the overall dynamics you managed to hone... sure got me rockin'!
The chorus sounds incredibly like a Foo Fighters production - and that is a VERY good thing in my books!
Cheers,
Clinton

oh... and as they say, it's ok to be gay Tongue