Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
my take on Maya
Hope you enjoy my go at this one.  : )

I like my mixes on the warm side, which might contrast a bit with most from what I heard, but I'm also going for separation and clarity. What's your feeling on this?

One practical tool I like to use to compare different mixes is the Loudness Penalty website. Evens the volume in real world scenarios. The preview version gets lowered an average of 7 dBs, no wonder it sounds somewhat squashed.

.mp3    Maya 13.10.20.b.mp3 --  (Download: 6.56 MB)

Super clarity for sure. Vocals are super clear, can hear his mouth almost 100%. The music actually competes enough for the whole track to remain level. Very good mix. I like it. It seems like a mix to emphasize a big revelation. The mix itself sounds big and impactful.
(23-02-2021, 05:27 AM)BrandonShelton Wrote: Super clarity for sure. Vocals are super clear, can hear his mouth almost 100%. The music actually competes enough for the whole track to remain level. Very good mix. I like it. It seems like a mix to emphasize a big revelation. The mix itself sounds big and impactful.

Listening back after some months, proud of this one. : )

Thanks for taking the time to lend an ear and write about it, BrandonShelton!
Bom Trabalho Bruno, na mina opinião um pouco mais de claridade ficaria 5 estrelas.
Abraço de Portugal