Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word Gets Around - Friday Night (going on Sunday night) Mix
Hi everyone,
Here is my mix of Word Gets Around. Thanks for listening and, as always, criticism/comments are encouraged!!

.mp3    Word Gets Around 1-5-14.mp3 --  (Download: 5.58 MB)

Acc guitar need more body, or maybe less topend and more volume, its the chord holder most of the time and when the chord is missing the voice is pretty alone ...
The loops are nicely eq´d and sound interesting, as is they mask guitar sometimes, but I think if you change the balance it´ll be great !
I like the tone of the mix, and the verb sounds great on voice !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Voelund,
Thanks! I agree on the guitar after a little time and a new listen. I'll try and do some more balancing. Thanks for the feedback on the verb, I was worried I went way too far, but I was getting this slightly creepy, cavernous, fog in the moonlit wood/serial killer vibe from this one and I wanted it to sound kind of "dreamscape isolated". That focus probably made me pull the guitar too far away (and is the reason for the high-passed guitar sound also). I'll work on it (and maybe try out some of your creative ideas as an exercise!). Thanks again for listening!

(07-01-2014, 08:22 PM)Voelund Wrote: Acc guitar need more body, or maybe less topend and more volume, its the chord holder most of the time and when the chord is missing the voice is pretty alone ...
The loops are nicely eq´d and sound interesting, as is they mask guitar sometimes, but I think if you change the balance it´ll be great !
I like the tone of the mix, and the verb sounds great on voice !

Here's my mix tweaked a bit, and with more guitar. Let me know if this gets it.

.mp3    Word Gets Around 1-12-14.mp3 --  (Download: 5.65 MB)