Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Overcooked Banana Split (still eatable)
The only goal was to make is sound better than the original

This song is very similar to Blur's Coffee and TV. I added big ass bottom to it, hopu you like it!

.mp3    Skyeez - BananaSplit_MIX_2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.87 MB)

Very good, just a little dark compared to the spotify version.
--------
Opinions are like Farts, everyone else's stinks
I'm glad someone else mentioned Blur. I suppose it does sound like Coffee and TV. I keep forgetting that album. My ear went to TopMan. I suppose it's the drum beat.

It works. It could 'breath' a little more with more overall high end brightness and a bit more dynamic range. But it sounds good and it's comfortable to listen to.
(10-10-2020, 12:34 AM)DctrRoss Wrote: Very good, just a little dark compared to the spotify version.
Thank you for the feedback. You're right, it's a little bit on the dark side, maybe even muddy but keeps the grunge vibe i hope
(10-10-2020, 12:45 AM)RoyM Wrote: I'm glad someone else mentioned Blur. I suppose it does sound like Coffee and TV. I keep forgetting that album. My ear went to TopMan. I suppose it's the drum beat.

It works. It could 'breath' a little more with more overall high end brightness and a bit more dynamic range. But it sounds good and it's comfortable to listen to.

Thank you! I was not delicate with it but the i felt like the song called for it. I will post a brightened version as well
I like everything here but the snare which sounds a bit baggy. I feel the snare establishes a big part of the pulse for this song and it is a miss here.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Pretty cool! I like your take on this.
Nobody cares what plugins you use, it's only what comes out of the speakers that matters.
Yes the top is missing anyhow and it's a little bit too fat sounding in the deep mix. But it's one of the better mixes here. I would fix:
1st: BD is a bit too loud in my opinion (too aggressive). It should be not so much louder than the bass.
2nd: The cymbals are missing details: As if there is a blanket above the speakers.
3rd: Also the vocal could get a little bit more air.
After these fixes the little mud in the deep mids is gone i guess.
I agree on all the points Flipnaut brought up (except maybe the kick being too loud -- it doesn't bother me, personally). A nice balance overall, but missing some air and high end.
Being the one who recorded the song and played drums on it, i must say this is a great mix! Fat drums, clear vocals, nice blend. Great job!