Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maya
tweaked some stuff as suggested.. might have overdone some things but it sounds a bit better.
Far far too wet the vox mate its washing everything out
(10-10-2020, 08:00 PM)takka360 Wrote: Far far too wet the vox mate its washing everything out

good ear! indeed I did put more rever on vocals and not only that, made the tail longer.. I'll knock it back on the next revision. Thanks for the input!
Yeah. The verse feels ok but the chorus is a bit much. I get the desire to make the chorus bigger but a lot of reverb can do the opposite sometimes. It just fills in all the holes and washes out and softens the dynamics. Or at least leave the lead vocal dry (or drier) and have the Bgvs be more reverbed.
(10-10-2020, 09:01 PM)RoyM Wrote: Yeah. The verse feels ok but the chorus is a bit much. I get the desire to make the chorus bigger but a lot of reverb can do the opposite sometimes. It just fills in all the holes and washes out and softens the dynamics. Or at least leave the lead vocal dry (or drier) and have the Bgvs be more reverbed.

Ohh it's the chorus section you guys find with too much? There is a track in the instruments that has a very long tail and sounds mostly like reverb. I did boost that too.. but I'll double check. Thanks!
I think this is okay, many fine tonally presented wet caveshimmers. I like the length added both with verbs and compression. The drums vs mastersubbass for me is a bit overly tilted towards the highend, maybe have some bit of subdistortion to make the overall lowend a bit more thunderus vs that big and sustainy highend?
Thanks crownoise I appreciate the feedback!
(09-10-2020, 07:41 AM)Shul Wrote: mix 3, took out the reverb excess in the chorus.

Awesome mix!! I think the only issue is maybe the reverb, to me it sounds like the mid range is fatigued and almost washing out if that makes sense. Other than that great balance of lows mids and highs, and the compression in the drums are cutting through really nice. Also, great use of the stereo field