Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mItc's Split
It seems that everyone struggled with the same thing with these tracks, namely significant thickness in the middle and getting the vocals to be intelligible. This is my take on this.
I added two bars of the drums to the intro to help better establish them better as I felt the vocals came in a bit to abruptly. Everything else in the arrangement is the same as given.

The vocals were a real challenge for me and there is a lot of processing on them, probably too much. I had fun with the bridge and the helicopter at the end of the first chorus.
Enjoy,
mITc
Mastered at -13.5 LUFs

.mp3    Skyeez and the Whiteflies - Banana Split.mp3 --  (Download: 8.35 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I get adding a bar at the top. The timing does feel weird. I toyed with starting right at the vocal but left it as is. Adding a bar works too.

The verse vocal works. I’m not sure if the acoustic guitar flange is distracting from it though. I’m on the fence. The vocal could be a dB or so out front more.

The chorus feels good. My only issues is the hard “k” on “Like”. It really sticks out. Same with the bridge vocal. The “k”s cut through a bit too much. Since it’s panned left it could be a bit lower and still be heard well.

I like the ‘helicopter’ at the end of the first chorus.

Sounds good.
I think you done well with the vox they sound good .Good mix enjoyed it