Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Timms x Benjamin Coosemans - Can You Say The Same (Hein-Ivan Mix)
Hi! A good song and fun to mix. Thanks for listening and any comments!

.mp3    James Timms x Benjamin Coosemans - Can You Say The Same.mp3 --  (Download: 8.98 MB)

I like the mix in some regards, it has Good balanced i think and some altered tones to the drums. There are some resonant nasal frequencies there though i can spot in My monitoring , mostly in the vox i think, Hard to mix this one! I really like the build to the last refrain that was cool Smile nice Keep it Up!
(07-10-2020, 10:11 PM)crownoise Wrote: I like the mix in some regards, it has Good balanced i think and some altered tones to the drums. There are some resonant nasal frequencies there though i can spot in My monitoring , mostly in the vox i think, Hard to mix this one! I really like the build to the last refrain that was cool Smile nice Keep it Up!
Hello crownoise! Many thanks for the feedback. Yes, it seems the vocals were recorded somewhat nasal, and I did try to remove some of those frequencies. Cheers!
(07-10-2020, 09:55 PM)heinim Wrote: Hi! A good song and fun to mix. Thanks for listening and any comments!
Hi there,

Cool mix! I like the overall sound and fullness of it. It does sound a bit over compressed though.
(14-10-2020, 10:58 AM)Hypanova Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 09:55 PM)heinim Wrote: Hi! A good song and fun to mix. Thanks for listening and any comments!
Hi there,

Cool mix! I like the overall sound and fullness of it. It does sound a bit over compressed though.
Hello Hypanova! Many thanks for the comments. Cheers!
(14-10-2020, 11:04 AM)heinim Wrote:
Hi there,

You're welcome. I hope you had fun mixing this.
(14-10-2020, 11:28 AM)Hypanova Wrote:
(14-10-2020, 11:04 AM)heinim Wrote:
Hi there,

You're welcome. I hope you had fun mixing this.
Hi Hypanova! Yes, I did have fun mixing this. It's a track that for me was a bit difficult to get the sound I wanted (the fullness), I did try out a different comp-setting on the busses and that made it a bit over compressed as you commented. I'l try a new mix later on. Cheers!

BTW: Many thanks for the multitracks!
Sometimes the compression or processing on the vocal gets a bit to strident. There is good energy and excitement in your mix though which is good. I like your effects treatment at the break. Good stuff.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(23-10-2020, 05:25 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Sometimes the compression or processing on the vocal gets a bit to strident. There is good energy and excitement in your mix though which is good. I like your effects treatment at the break. Good stuff.
Hi Mixinthecloud! Many thanks for the comments. Yes, I do agree with the vocal it's a bit too compressed. I'll do another mix later on. Cheers!