Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my take on Nosso Mundo Deixou de Existir
This is my second mix in this platform, hope you dig it.

There's some mild snare sound sample augmentation, even if it pretty much sounds like it's sampled already. No big sin here, I guess.

Started by using just the guitar amp tracks, but couldn't gel 'em enough, sounded too spiky, so I ended up mixing those with the di tracks going into virtual amps (Positive Grid's Bias Amp 2) for a, as I perceive, more modern sound (Mesa Boogiesh). I'm second guessing if it ended up sounding a little tame.

What do you think? Thanks for taking the time to listen!

Oh, by the way, I'm brazilian like the songwriter and performer and, I believe, his whole crew. : )

.mp3    Nosso Mundo Deixou de Existir 7.10.20.a.mp3 --  (Download: 7.05 MB)

I went further down the CLA route, now the guitars are brighter and the drum samples more evident (included a kick sample as well).

Feeling it's sounding better, do you agree?

.mp3    Nosso Mundo Deixou de Existir 9.10.20.a.mp3 --  (Download: 7.05 MB)

(10-10-2020, 03:30 AM)Bruno Corrêa Wrote: I went further down the CLA route, now the guitars are brighter and the drum samples more evident (included a kick sample as well).

Feeling it's sounding better, do you agree?
Hi Bruno Corrêa! I like your mix, it's a good sounding and well balanced. For me the toms are maybe a tiny bit loud in the mix. Anyway, good job. Cheers!
(10-10-2020, 10:25 PM)heinim Wrote: Hi Bruno Corrêa! I like your mix, it's a good sounding and well balanced. For me the toms are maybe a tiny bit loud in the mix. Anyway, good job. Cheers!

heinim, well noted! The toms ended up sounding muddy/boomy. Especially in 0:40, where the playing is somewhat awkward... I tried to hide it, then decided to make it evident and it clearly wasn't the best option. Editing spoils some of the fun, but that's what I should've done.

Overall I think my mix sounds over processed, missing some rawness. Don't know if I'll get back to it, let's see. : )

Thanks for your audition!