Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skyeez & The Whiteflies - Banana Split (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A good song and fun to mix. Hope you like my mix and thanks for listening!

V2 small changes!

.mp3    Skyeez & The Whiteflies - Banana Split.mp3 --  (Download: 8.19 MB)

.mp3    Skyeez & The Whiteflies - Banana Split V2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.19 MB)

Cool mix mate Smile
(07-10-2020, 10:30 PM)crownoise Wrote: Cool mix mate Smile
HiĀ crownoise! Many thanks for that mate. Smile
Nice mix, i like how the bottom end of the vocal is controlled. good job!
(08-10-2020, 09:15 PM)latanielvss. Wrote: Nice mix, i like how the bottom end of the vocal is controlled. good job!
Hi latanielvss! Thanks for the comments, I did low-cut the vocals 6db down at 100hz and the same with the keyboard bus to make it more open. Cheers!
nice mix...just a bit of a fight with guitars and vocs but nothing to rly bother i think
(11-10-2020, 10:48 AM)4Low Wrote: nice mix...just a bit of a fight with guitars and vocs but nothing to rly bother i think
Hello 4Lownice! Many thanks for the comments. Yes, it was a bit difficult the get the guitars and vocals to sit together so a lot of volume rides there. Cheers!
New version V2 small changes!
Hi! Overall I think it's nice. The drum EQ works for me in the verse, but once the chorus kicks in I'd like to hear it have a little more point/punch to it (especially to bring some clarity to the kick drum, and a little more authority to the snare). Maybe raise the drums ever so slightly in the choruses? I hear the electric guitars kick in during the chorus, and yet it feels like something else gets pulled back at the same time. I really want that chorus to take things up a notch when it comes in, you know?
My only other thought right now is the reverb on the drums and vocal -- the reverb itself sounds find to me if you like that long of a tail (personally I'd go shorter, but that's just one way of approaching it), but I might lower it just a hair, especially in the verses where it's more prominent.
Otherwise, nice job!
(23-11-2020, 05:57 AM)DrakeEq Wrote: Hi! Overall I think it's nice. The drum EQ works for me in the verse, but once the chorus kicks in I'd like to hear it have a little more point/punch to it (especially to bring some clarity to the kick drum, and a little more authority to the snare). Maybe raise the drums ever so slightly in the choruses? I hear the electric guitars kick in during the chorus, and yet it feels like something else gets pulled back at the same time. I really want that chorus to take things up a notch when it comes in, you know?
My only other thought right now is the reverb on the drums and vocal -- the reverb itself sounds find to me if you like that long of a tail (personally I'd go shorter, but that's just one way of approaching it), but I might lower it just a hair, especially in the verses where it's more prominent.
Otherwise, nice job!
Hello DrakeEq! Many thanks for the comments. Yes, I do agree with some of your points and I will do another mix later on. Cheers!